Doug Tewell Golf Scholarship
The Doug Tewell scholarship was created by Coach Beaty in 2008 and is now awarded by the Foundation to honor his close friend Doug Tewell, who is a Champions Tour and PGA Tour Champion. Doug is an outstanding individual and role model demonstrated by his strength of character, athletic accomplishments, contributions to his community, and support of education.
The Doug Tewell Golf Scholarship is a $1000 scholarship that will be awarded to a graduating student golfer from any Colorado high school.
- reflects the true spirit of the game of golf by demonstrating excellent sportsmanship and respect for the game;
- values the importance of a team and each of its members;
- letters his/her senior year;
- has a minimum of 3.2 grade point average;
- has been accepted to a post-secondary educational institution.
- Submit an essay in which you explain how you meet this scholarship’s criteria. As an alternative to an essay, you may submit a product presentation that explains how you meet the criteria for this award. Please include a brief written review of your presentation process.
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a teacher and one from a coach
Please submit all 2020 scholarship applications by April 10, 2020, using the following form:
Golf Scholarship Submission